From: Dave S <gentoo@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT worth upgrading hardware ?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:48
1 Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales wrote:
2
3 >Perhaps you can get a Semprom with a smaller clock but a higher FSB. I
4 >have an AMD Semprom 2400+ with 400 Mhz FSB, 1 GB of Ram and I'm very
5 >happy with it. It plays all the games I want and I can work in it very
6 >smoothly. I recently upgrade to 1 GB of Ram, used to be 512 Mb and the
7 >difference is amazing compared to 256, specially compile speeds. So,
8 >unless you might want to upgrade you Celeron to a P4, assuming the
9 >motherboard will take both, I'd go with Semprom, I believe it's more
10 >cost-effective.
11 >