From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: nouveau-drm compile failure
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:14:46
1 >> > I'm trying to compile nouveau-drm for my Nvidia 8400GS video card, but
2 >>
3 >> > compilation fails:
4 >> I don't think you should be using nouveau-drm in the first place.  This
5 >> driver is now in the kernel itself.  nouveau-drm was used before that
6 >> driver moved into the Linux kernel together with the other DRM drivers.
7 >>
8 >> Also, as a consequence, trying to use nouveau-drm means you're getting
9 >> an outdated driver, since AFAIK the updates happen in-kernel now.
10 >
11 > There's an API break between the nouveau driver and the drm in 2.6.3[23] (not
12 > completely sure about the versions)
13 >
14 > Hence the workaround of nouveau-drm
15 >
16 > Hopefully it will be *very* temporary
17
18 Have you installed nouveau-drm? If so, do you get kernel config
19 warnings during the emerge?
20
21 - Grant