From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Update to newer kernel completely hoses suspend
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 18:24:47
1 On 09/15/2012 03:26 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > I was also replacing capacitors last weekend. It is a good idea to upgrade
3 > them if there are alternatives of a higher maximum temperature as they will
4 > probably last longer. A belts & braces approach is to add another/larger case
5 > fan to keep the in-case temperatures lower.
6
7 Well, after I replaced the cap, I decided to get a better power supply
8 anyway. The one that died was an OCZ 1010 W supply, which is way too
9 much for this machine. I used to have 12 hard drives in here
10 (Thermaltake Full Armor), but a few years ago I built a server to do
11 those tasks. I replaced it with a platinum 650 W rated supply. The new
12 PSU looks like it's built a lot better.
13
14 I already have three 12 cm fans that are controlled by the BIOS. I've
15 had really poor luck with OCZ anything (to the point that I won't buy
16 anything they make anymore.)
17
18 Dan