From: Vaeth <vaeth@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc4.7.2-r1 to 4.7.3 upgrade - hosed system?
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 04:53:16
1 > # gcc-config 2
2 > * Switching native-compiler to x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.7.3 ...
3 > /usr/bin/python2.7: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1:
4 > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
5
6 This is a bug in gcc-config: It removes the old link too early
7 so that the tools needed to establish the new link do not work
8 anymore. IIRC correctly, there was a bug reported, but apparently
9 it is still not fixed.
10
11 To repair it manually you must temporarily create the old link.
12 Here are detailed instruction how to do this:
13
14 1. Since tools like "ln -s" will not work, it is best to use busybox.
15 So first start busybox (e.g. "bb" or "bb sh" depending on your setup).
16
17 2. Then go to the gcc library parent directory: On amd64 this should be
18 cd /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
19 On i686 this is instead
20 cd /usr/lib/gcc/i686*
21 On other architectures, I don't know.
22
23 3. Create the symlink from your old directory to the new.
24 Given the subject, I guess this should be:
25 ln -s 4.7.3 4.7.2
26
27 4. Now gcc-config should work
28
29 5. Remove the symlink again
30 rm 4.7.2
31
32 6. Run your env-update as usual and resource the profile
33
34 7. Test that gcc-config is still working (it should).