From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: CPU upgrade and LVM questions.
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 23:40:19
1 On 07/12/2018 01:23, Dale wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> On 06/12/2018 23:45, Dale wrote:
4 > I also sometimes convert videos which can get CPU and/or memory hungry.
5
6 Video encoding is one of the prime example where more cores will scale
7 very well. You can almost halve encoding time by doubling the amount of
8 cores.
11 > I use the sensors built into the kernel.  Last time I tried lm-sensors,
12 > I couldn't get it to work right.
13
14 I don't use lm-sensors either. KSysGuard sees the kernel sensors just
15 fine without it. You just need to add them in the KSysGuard options.