From: "Canek Peláez" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where did this volume come from?
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 07:25:23
1 On 6/28/07, Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3
4 Hi.
5
6 > When I point Nautilus at location 'computer:///' I see my CD-ROM
7 > drive, my filesystem, a network, and something that says '39.2 MB
8 > Volume'. I'd like to mount this volume to see what's there but I can't
9 > because I'm not root.
10 >
11 > Where did this volume come from? How can I explore what's there as
12 > root? Where does Nautilus look to display the contents of
13 > 'computer:///'?
14
15 If I'm not wrong, that would be your boot partition (or another small
16 partition you have declared in /etc/fstab).
17
18 It's not really Nautilus, but gnome-volume-manager and gnome-mount the
19 responsible ones. Check the gconf keys under /system/storage to
20 configure those. They also use /etc/fstab, but then you cannot mount
21 the volumes listed in there.
22 --
23 Canek Peláez Valdés
24 Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM