From: Me Myself <whydidyouask@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SMTP Authentication
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 01:34:32
1 On Tue, October 17, 2006 09:42, Tito Valentin wrote:
2 >Hello list:
3 >
4 >I have been trying to get SMTP authentication on Gentoo to work with no
5 >success. I am running qmail (netqmail package) with dovecot and saslauth.
6 > I am able to connect and read my mail through IMAP fine. The problem is
7 >that I cannot send email using my own SMTP server due to an authentication
8 >issue. Every time we try to send email out we get an error saying that it
9 >cannot establish a connection because I am not part of the allowed rcphost
10 >list. I tried adding the remote host in the rcpthosts database but the
11 >problem persists. The only error I see in the log files for dovecot is
12 >"Disconnected"
13 >
14 >Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why I can't be
15 >authenticated when sending email out? Another thing is, it keeps
16 >prompting me for my passwd.
17 >
18 >GV
19 >
20 >--
21 >gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 >List:
25 >
26 >Ha, I am having the same problem as Tito Valentin. Is anyone out there
27 >able to shed some light on this problem? I opted for the use of
28 >SquirrelMail in the mean time but it would be nice to be able to use
29 >Thunderbird or Outlook.
30 >
31 >Thanks,
32 >
33 >/////////////////////////////////////////////////
34 >Ronald Vincent Vazquez
35
36 Hello everyone:
37
38 Please add me to the list of folks who are unable to authenticate smtp. I
39 am also having this smtp authentication problem though I am using Courier
40 (IMAP) and not dovecot. It is driving me crazy. What I have done in order
41 to be able to send mail is to use my ISP's smtp server but I see how some
42 folks wouldn't want their ISP's servers to be present in their email
43 headers.
44
45 I hope someone is able to make a suggestion soon,
46 David
47
49 Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live Spaces
50 http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us
53 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list