From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replacements for ivman
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:11:06
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:56:52 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> Basically, I just emerged it and restarted KDE. It just worked. I
6 >> don't recall changing anything as far as configs go.
9 > You don't need ivman with KDE, it has its own device detection
10 > and automounting.
15 I know KDE doesn't need ivman. It uses pmount, hal and friends. Since
16 I had upgraded and re-emerged some friends of the process, I just logged
17 out and back in. For the record, ivman is basically for command line.
18 Put in CD/DVD and it mounts it for you instead of having to type in the
19 mount command. Sort of like a KDE thing but no KDE required.
20
21 Sorry if that was confusing.
22
23 Dale