From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KVM and no keyboard at start of boot
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 02:41:59
1 On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 18:03:52 -0500
2 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Summary:
5 >
6 > What can I do to get my keyboard recognized (through a kvm switch)
7 > right at bootup. I mean like when the grub prompt comes up.
8 >
9 > Details:
10 >
11 > I've had this curious problem for some time now. Over at least several
12 > kernels but I think beginning with changing from one KVM to another a
13 > few mnths ago.
14 ...
15 > So how can I figure out what gets enabled by the time bootup reaches
16 > login prompt that is not enabled when grub screen comes up?
17 >
18 > Something finally allows the kvm pass through to be recognized but not
19 > until I've reached the login prompt.
20
21 But linux kernel isn't loaded or used in any way when grub screen comes
22 up - grub is loading it as a last step of it's execution, so any kernel
23 configuration settings should be completely irrelevant here.
24
25 Either that, or I completely missed the point.
28 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net