From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Accesssing gentoo repostitories
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:52:26
1 On 01/16/2010 06:56 AM, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > In the course of a full reinstall I've run into several packages that
3 > appear not to be findable... watching emerge race all over the glob
4 > looking for certain packages...there seems to be some problem with
5 > what portage is looking for and pushing those packages out to repos.
6 >
7 > I've already forgotten the other 5 or so packages but the current one
8 > holding up emerge is eject-2.1.5.tar.gz.
9 >
10 > It appears to be standing in the way of installing a number of other X
11 > related packages.
12 >
13 > Is there a current problem with packages being available?
14 >
15 > If so then how can I remove it as a dependency? It seem unlikely that
16 > eject would really prevent X from running but there appears no easy
17 > way to avoid it.
18
19 As a temporary workaround you can put those missing packages in
20 /etc/portage/profile/package.provided like this:
21
22 #cat /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
23 gnome-base/gdm-2.20.10-r2
24 net-print/gnome-cups-manager-0.33-r1
25 x11-apps/xdm-1.1.8
26 gnome-extra/gnome-screensaver-2.26.1
27
28 Then remove them later when the repository problem settles down.