From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Asus Eee Gentoo install - no CD drive
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:09:06
1 Hello
2
3 On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 08:01:51AM -0700, Grant wrote:
4 > I'm very familiar with installing Gentoo via LiveCD, but I'm not sure
5 > how to go about it without a CD drive. I'm sure there are many exotic
6 > options to choose from, but I'd rather not have to learn too much new
7 > stuff to get this done. Can anyone recommend a simple method? I have
8 > a wired/wireless LAN/internet connection and 3 systems on the LAN
9 > running Gentoo. No USB drive though.
10
11 Do you have an USB flashdisk? You could get some kind of DSL or so and
12 install from it (you do not need gentoo LiveCD, any reasonable running
13 linux is OK).
16 Anything is possible, unless it's not.
17
18 Michal 'vorner' Vaner