From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is KDE part of the system set?
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:09:28
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:21:54 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 >> I was always under the impression that @system was supposed to be a
6 >> limited set of packages to build, including dependencies. For me, if I
7 >> have a issue, I usually start with emerge -e system to see if it
8 >> helps. Since there is some KDE stuff in there, that makes it build
9 >> packages that I most likely don't need to be rebuilt. To me, KDE is
10 >> not a system package.
11 >>
12 > Actually, it is, because you told it to be. To me, KDE is not a system
13 > package, because I run different USE flags to you. Gentoo gave you the
14 > gun but you pointed it at your foot :)
19 I didn't tell portage to include KDE, qt, and a boatload of other stuff
20 to be part of @system. Did I enable the kde USE flag, yea. That should
21 be part of the world stuff not the system stuff. If I disable kde, qt
22 and all the others then my GUI is going to be junk if it would even work
23 at all.
24
25 I guess the kernel will have the kde USE flag next. lol At least that
26 should be in @system tho. ;-)
27
28 Dale
29