From: Anthony Roy <antroy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remove suse, install gentoo
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:46:40
1 I replaced SUSE with Gentoo on my server a few months back. I
2 installed Gentoo from Suse, so that the server stayed up and running
3 whilst I installed and configured everything. I did the install on a
4 separate partition, and once everything was configured and any data
5 copied over, I booted up into Gentoo properly.
6
7 This way, I could mount the old Suse partition to have access to my
8 old configuration files, and fix any problems I was having.
9
10 So basically, if you have space and a spare partition/drive, I would
11 install side by side until everything is working OK before binning
12 Suse.
15 Ant...
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list