From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x11-libs/guile-gtk-2.1-r3 fails to compile
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 23:58:27
1 On 2019.05.06 19:19, Dale wrote:
2 [snip....]
3 > I use Konsole when I do updates and it has this nifty search function
4 > that I use.  I use it to look for "error 1" since sometimes it can be
5 > buried deep and hard to find without it.  On this one, I got two
6 > hits, the one I posted plus one further down where emerge was giving
7 > up or something.  I usually post the first one since that is usually
8 > the problem.  ;-)
9 You need the first "error" not just "error 1". Unfortunately, you do
10 need to week out everything where "error" is a substring of some
11 parameter or variable name.
12
13 > I'm attaching the whole thing since it appears what I posted isn't
14 > enough in this case.  Generally it is but there is always that
15 > exception.
16 >
17 > Meantime, I'm going to try some other ideas from other replies.  I
18 > think I tried them before but I don't trust that memory.  Last I
19 > worked on this was when my Mom was so sick.  Memory is a bit fuzzy.
20 > :/
21 >
22 > Thanks for the help.
23 It does look like it's the bug someone just posted to this thread - so
24 downgrading guile might be your current best solution.
25
26 Jack