From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] File merge tool
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:14:49
1 kdiff3 is my favorite graphical merge tool (hey, even have it running
2 on my macbook).
3
4 On Jul 22, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
5
6 > Summary:
7 > Any suggestions for a file merge tool?
8 >
9 > Details:
10 >
11 > I'd like to try just actually manually merging bookmarks.html files
12 > from different computers. Diff and Patch seem kind of hard or maybe
13 > impossible to use for this.
14 >
15 > If you have identical parts in different places they will just keep
16 > adding up... no way to weed out duplication.
17 >
18 > If there anything that can do that or at least help me do it.
19 >
20 > I'm not talking about bookmark merge/storage things like Xmarks or
21 > foxmarks. My files are not so large that I couldn't do it by hand
22 > but would need some smart helper tool.