From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: unable to emerge anything...
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:09:04
1 > Alan,
2 > I'll check the links out. As for as unmerging anything else no. Not yet
3 > anyway, give me time though.
4
5 Richard, I recently had that same problem and I notice you are also
6 using the hardened profile.
7
8 I don't remember exactly what I did but it involved re-compiling gcc
9 and making sure the `harened' use flag was cancelled (USE='-hardened')
10
11 I think I did something like boot from the minimal install iso and use
12 the compiler on it to chroot and compile a gcc without the hardened
13 flag.
14
15 I don't remember now for sure... how I did it, but I am pretty sure
16 your gcc needs to be recompiled without the `hardened' flag.
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list