From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with nvidia card -- could it be hardware?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 17:30:20
1 Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 08:11:29 -0400
4 > covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
5 >
6 > > Well, I did a backtrace with what I had (I always have debug flags on)
7 > > and it seems that the error no screens found causes an intentional
8 > > core dump -- it was signal 6. I will check the link and see if I
9 > > should do anything further.
10 >
11 > Hmm, that "no screens found" indicates a problem with the X server I
12 > think; can you look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log and/or provide it to us?
13
14 I will see if I can find it again, but it did not give any other errors,
15 except that it said no such device, which meant hardware to me.
18 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
19 How do
20 you spend it?
21
22 John Covici