From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] unexpected problems when switching c compilers
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:03:03
1 Hi. I finally decided to switch the c compiler from 4.9.3 to 5.3.0
2 and ran into some strange problems. Although the kernel compiled
3 successfully, several packages in my last update of world got
4 undefined references, one of which was mktoolnix and also mpv. Now I
5 did solve them by re-emerging the packages containing the references
6 and that fix things, although I had to do it in stages, getting past
7 one and finding another one.
8
9 So, my question is, is there away to fix this throuought /usr/lib
10 without having to re-emerge world or something, or do I just wait and
11 take them one at a time during future updates?
12
13 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
16 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
17 How do
18 you spend it?
19
20 John Covici