From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't create valid btrfs on NVMe
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 09:04:13
1 On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 03:07:31 +0200, Kai Krakow wrote:
2
3 > Am Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:47:07 +0100
4 > schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
5 >
6 > > On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 09:38:03 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > This is almost certainly a bug in btrfs-progs, or maybe the btrfs
9 > > > filesystem driver in the kernel.
10 > >
11 > > The latter, a later kernel appears to have done the trick.
12 > >
13 > > > I'd suggest raising this on the btrfs mailing list, where it is
14 > > > going to get a lot more attention from the people who develop
15 > > > btrfs. There are a few of us who use it around here, but I'd have
16 > > > to spend a day tweaking the btrfs-progs source to have a guess at
17 > > > where this is bailing out. I suspect somebody over there would
18 > > > have an answer almost immediately.
19 > >
20 > > As our resident btrfs expert, I was expecting you to come up with an
21 > > immediate answer ;-)
22 >
23 > Have you tried an explicit "btrfs dev scan"? If that helps, problems
24 > maybe arise from the udev rules...
25
26 I tried that. It turned out the problem was that my kernel was too old.
27 Switching to the alt kernel on the CD fixed it.
31 Neil Bothwick
32
33 To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit
34 the target.