From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: [gentoo-project] With regard to udev stabilization
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 14:44:23
1 On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:20:42PM -0600, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, it appears we have someone willing to fork udev. Yeppie !! Me, I'm looking forward to seeing how this works and giving it a test run when it gets ready. Since it is a fork, shouldn't be to long, I hope.
4 >
5 > I wonder what they will name it tho.
6 >
7 > Dale
8
9 There is at least one other fork of udev:
10
11 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-934678-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-200.html?sid=052fe76e4eb5977fd2eb5a59e40fc0ff
12
13 Haven't visited it in a while.
14
15 Having >=sys-fs/udev-181 in /etc/portage/package.mask has allowed me to avoid
16 the insanity that Kay and Lennart have done to udev. Works very well on 9
17 Gentoo systems on this LAN atm.
18 --
19 Happy Penguin Gymnastics >')
20 126 Fenco Drive ( \