From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fallible revdep-rebuild
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:11:06
1 Hi List,
2
3 The other day my LAN server had an upgrade to PHP, from 5.4.17 to 5.5. Next
4 time apache restarted, it couldn't because it was looking for
5 /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp.5.so. The library seemed to be in place, but
6 in fact it was a broken symlink to /usr/lib/php5.4/apache2/libphp.5.so.
7
8 Running revdep-rebuild failed to find the problem (though it did find a problem
9 with cairo, so I didn't mind the time spent). I had to remerge PHP myself to
10 fix it.
11
12 Just a little cautionary tale.
15 Regards,
16 Peter
17
18 PS. Apache reported the problem as a syntax error in its config files, but
19 there was nothing wrong with the syntax - the problem was a missing file. Not
20 expected behaviour.