From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How would I disable Flash (oand other things) for a single account?
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 18:41:55
1 On Samstag 12 September 2009, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Is it possible to shut off all multimedia stuff for a single account?
3 > It's doesn't have to be securely off, just off, so if it cannot be
4 > done by meddling with group membership then doing something in a root
5 > owned bash file that executes when the user logs in even that's fine
6 > with me. (Uh - even I don't know much about what Linux/Gnome does when
7 > a user logs in so I'll get to learn a bit also!)
8 >
9 > I've removed the user account from the audio, video and games groups.
10 > When playing YouTube stuff sound is gone but the Flash video is still
11 > there. Can I stop that from working. maybe by changing paths if
12 > there's not an easier way to do it?
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 > Mark
18 put all users except the one into one group.
19
20 change ownership of flash and multimedia stuff to that group.
21 change permissions, make flash and multimedia stuff only owner and group
22 readable/executable.
23
24 Everybody can use flash and multimediastuff except that user