From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: heat codes
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:32:10
1 Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > I need to monitor this hardware for temperatures, including logging
5 > > of temperatures, on as wide array of temperature sensors that is
6 > > possible with kernel 3.18.6-gentoo.)
7
8 > I'm not sure if this is still available or not but doesn't gkrellm do
9 > this sort of thing? I used it to monitor another rig several years
10 > ago. May be worth looking into.
11
12 > Dale
15 That (gkrellm) codebase looks old, un-maintained and wee bit clumsy. It's
16 interesting to examine for ideas. I think I'm going with something a bit more
17 embedded inspired, for speed and portability reasons. I also have since
18 found this interesting piece of code;
19
20 sys-cluster/ganglia
21
22 First glance, it's a bit heavy-handed for my needs. I've gotta keep
23 looking before I decide on a path forward for RT temperature monitoring,
24 dB tracking and problem profiling.
25
26 Thanks!
27 James