From: Anders Thomson <andersthomson888@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: cleanup after USB backup drive unplugged?
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 15:17:05
1 On January 12, 2018 10:58:17 AM GMT+01:00, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>
3 >> I replaced it with a USB3 drive, so I needed to update the udev rules
4 >> that automatically mount it and then "umount" it when it's removed.
7 >Pretty sure you'd risk filesystem corruption by not umounting before
8 >you
9 >remove the device. Did it used for force an fsck on each mount because
10 >the
11 >filesystem was "dirty"? If not, i have a fundamental misunderstanding
12 >of
13 >how this stuff works.
14
15 Systemd's automount solves this nicely.
18 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.