From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: WAS [.. min install isos] gentoo vm guest not booting
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 01:16:09
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > I think we're not communicating then. The file I sent you was
4 > /usr/src/linux.config in the VM. It's not a file that VB would run,
5 > but rather a kernel config you might use to build a kernel to make
6 > your VM boot. That of course assumes that the hardware model you built
7 > in VB matches mine. I renamed the file thinking you'd want to keep it
8 > referenced to me. you'd need to name it back to .config, put it in
9 > your /usr/src/linux, possibly run make oldconfig, and then check the
10 > file. If all that worked out you'd build the kernel as normal.
11
12 Egad... I wasn't far off about brain dead. I got mixed up with
13 another fellow who posted an appliance. I'm really sorry. And thanks
14 for the config... I'll try it with a kernel build shortly.