From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:29:21
1 wu chuanwen wrote:
2 > 2006/4/30, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>:
3 >> On 4/30/06, Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> > Alexander,
5 >> >
6 >> > DG_DISABLE_DEBUG strips debugging information from binaries, making them
7 >> > smaller (and faster)
8 >>
9 >> Maybe as a CFLAG, but not a USE flag. And it will only affect
10 >> gnome/glib/gtk applications.
11 > Are you sure it can work?Is there anybody else using it ?I have never
12 > heard of such cflag or use flag
13
14 Me neither. It seems that portage doesn't know about such a
15 USE flag ("euse -i DG_DISABLE_DEBUG" doesn't show anything)
16 and CFLAG - well, I don't know. It seems that also very few
17 people use it - google doesn't return much and in the Gentoo
18 forums, only one "person" called "DizL" sems to use ist.
19
20 Alexander Skwar
21 --
22 I can't decide which WRONG TURN to make first!! I wonder if BOB
23 GUCCIONE has these problems!
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list