From: stupendoussteve@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get sound
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 19:06:55
1 On Sun, 14 May 2006, Tito Valentin wrote:
2
3 > Thierry,
4 >
5 > Here is what my sound card is based on lspci:
6 >
7 > 00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R)
8 > AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
9 >
10 > I can add the card manually when I do:
11 >
12 > # modprobe snd
13 >
14 > But after that, if I play something I get the following error:
18 Did you compile the hardware driver for your specific device, on top of
19 alsa? It should be in Device Drivers>Sound>Sound Card
20 Support>Alsa>Alsa>PCI Devices>Intel/SiS/nVidia/AMD/ALi AC97 Controller
21
22 If you build and load that module, or build it into the kernel, alsa
23 should actually be able to use your card (the module would be
24 snd-intel8x0m).
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list