From: Massimo Gengarelli <massimo.gengarelli@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Server standby
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 06:00:51
1 AFAIK, waking up from standby is controlled by hardware, you can't
2 control such events.
3 As for the WOL (Wake on Lan), you _must_ have an ethernet adapter which
4 supports it, usually they have a connector that must be linked to the
5 motherboard. In this way, your ethernet card will be always on and to
6 wake up your PC you have to send a special packet to the MAC address of
7 the card.
8 There are lot of scripts to send such packet, just google it around.
11 Regards.
12