From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 'emerge -e world' question
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:10:46
1 On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu> wrote:
2 > Hum, I seem to have made an erroneous assumption.
3 >
4 > On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:38:05AM -0500, Willie Wong wrote:
5 >> The problem with this last one is not --deep. It is --update.
6 >
7 > Nevermind, I looked at the changelogs for openoffice and
8 > dev-perl/Archive-Zip, and frankly, I am pretty sure what I said was
9 > completely wrong in this situation. And also, frankly, I am becoming
10 > as confused as you are about your problem.
11
12 I "downgraded" to File-Spec-3.29 (actually an upgrade) which in turn
13 emerged/updated the rest of that bunch of perl-related packages. Now
14 I'm re-emerging openoffice-3.0.0 since it appears to be using a newer
15 set of the go-oo.org patches (despite the lack of version number
16 change). Plus it is always fun to see how long it takes to build one
17 of the biggest packages there is. I have emerged it twice in the past,
18 the first was 1hr33m the second was 1hr55m, so I hope this one won't
19 exceed 2h.