From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Questions about optimal mplayer settings
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 12:46:40
1 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
2 > On 2012-12-19, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Bruce Hill wrote:
5 >>> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 07:05:14PM -0600, Dale wrote:
6 > [...]
7 >>>> Here is two links if you want to try my weird way of doing this:
8 >>>>
9 >>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XITHbsUUlYI
10 >>>>
11 >>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Innx3puNI
12 >>>>
13 >>>> I use downloadhelper to grab those then play them locally. Both of
14 >>>> those are available in 1080p tho. Should warm up something. ;-)
15 >>>>
16 >>>> Dale
17 >>> Rather than downloadhelper and a web browser, try:
18 >>>
19 >>> mingdao@workstation ~/test $ youtube-dl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XITHbsUUlYI
20 >>> [youtube] Setting language
21 >>> [youtube] XITHbsUUlYI: Downloading video webpage
22 >>> [youtube] XITHbsUUlYI: Downloading video info webpage
23 >>> [youtube] XITHbsUUlYI: Extracting video information
24 >>> [download] Destination: XITHbsUUlYI.mp4
25 >>> [download] 30.5% of 107.04M at 1.43M/s ETA 00:52
26 >> Some videos are available in different resolutions. Some have as many
27 >> as 6 or 8 different ones. With downloadhelper, you can pick which one
28 >> you want. I'm not sure if youtube-dl does or not. Also, I download
29 >> videos from lots of sites. I don't actually use youtube a lot.
30 > youtube-dl supports all the available formats, it just defaults to the
31 > best quality one of the available for the chosen video. The -f parameter
32 > takes as an argument the format number, see the list from Wikipedia,
33 > http://enwp.org/YouTube#Quality_and_codecs
34 >
35 > youtube-dl is also not youtube-specific.
39 Nice to know it lets you pick a specific one but I still like
40 downloadhelper. I don't use commandline for much other than updating
41 and few other things that are command line only. I use Seamonkey for my
42 web browser. It works and kind of got used to it this way. With
43 downloadhelper, I just click, tell it where to store the video and off
44 it goes.
45
46 Dale
47
51 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!