From: Simon <turner25@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [slightly OT] Pocket Putty or similar
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:03:40
1 Hey guys! i just got my internet connection working through a new
2 cellphone (pda). the connection works fine but is a battery eater (i
3 share the cell data connection to wifi, and then from the pc connect
4 to the phone's ad-hoc ap, very cool, but have the charger handy!)
5
6 Anyway, I've come sometimes to the point where i need to do some very
7 minimal work on my linux host running gentoo but from the cellphone.
8 I've downloaded pocket putty (i have lots of respect for putty, it's
9 probably the only windows app that I dont despise even unconsiously!).
10 but it's not very good for my use, since I have to send a Large
11 numbers of Ctrls-keys combinations, and seems the meta key is not
12 supported... working in emacs is either very painful or simply
13 impossible. (How am i to survive now that i cant type: M-x doctor
14 ?!)
15
16 Anybody got a suggestion of a software to use on the pda to access my
17 host and have a nice terminal (ie maybe be able to bind keys
18 arbitrarily to some character?)
19
20 Thanks!