From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: libxml2 conflicts
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 20:45:26
1 On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 12:51:07 -0600, »Q« wrote:
2
3 > > I use a directory for package.use, then autounmask puts its entries in
4 > > the last file in there, so I have a file called zzz-autounmask. It's
5 > > pretty easy to clean up, just delete/move it and run emerge -u @world
6 > > again and it will be repopulated with any settings that are still
7 > > needed.
8 >
9 > Thanks for that. I haven't been using autounmask, partly because I
10 > didn't think it could handle package.* a directories. (Maybe I was
11 > wrong all along or maybe when autounmask debuted I was right; doesn't
12 > matter now.)
13
14 Directories have always worked with automask because portage translates
15 the contents to a single file anyway. The only thng you have to be
16 careful of is file naming, because automask always adds ot the end of
17 package.use, which means it modifies the last file.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 If you can't be kind, be vague.