From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to create nessus-bin-3.2.0 ebuild
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 01:00:22
1 On Friday 21 March 2008 18:27:27 Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
2 > Well, I've noticed that rpm.eclass tries to use rpm2cpio first. I've
3 > installed rpm package and it unpacks and installs now.
4 > I have not yet tested installed packages, but anyway I'll submit the ebuild
5 > and comments to bugzilla after few hours.
6
7 I was going to suggest you check bugzilla for an existing bug on the matter,
8 but I see you've already found it! :)
9
10 I've taken a slightly different route, going for the debian package. Instead
11 of looking for an eclass to handle the conversion i just did it manually with
12 deb2targz.
13 Handley debian has openssl-0.9.8, so the dependancies are correct without
14 having to resort to ugly symlinks, although nessusd does complain about "no
15 version information available" in libssl and libcrypto.
16
17 As you, I haven't done any testing as I don't know how to use it. My job is
18 just to provide servers for those who do.
21 Mike Williams
22 --
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list