From: "Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)" <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:45:58
1 On 2013-03-31, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Pandu Poluan wrote:
6 >> Since it's obvious that upsteam has this "my way or the highway"
7 >> mentality, I'm curious about whether eudev (and mdev) exhibits the
8 >> same behavior...
11 > I synced yesterday and I didn't see the news alert. Last eudev update
12 > was in Feb. so I *guess* not. It seems to be a "udev" thing. That is
13 > why I mentioned eudev to someone else that was having this issue with a
14 > server setup.
15
16 I'd guess eudev will eventually do the same, although I hope that, it
17 being a separate codebase, makes it easier to adopt some solution like
18 the old rule generator, instead of using udev's approach.
19
20 The udev upstream may have its issues, but there's actually a point in
21 removing this, the approach there was so far was just a dirty hack.
24 Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
25 http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/