From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 4.2 Konsole Title
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 13:59:03
1 Chris Lieb wrote:
2 > I recently switched to KDE 4.2 (completely removed KDE 3.5.9 and emerge
3 > @kde-4.2) and fired up my system update script. I noticed right away
4 > that the title bar of Konsole did not update to show my progress in my
5 > emerge -u... world. In fact, it only showed the user name and directory
6 > that I was currently in. No script seemed to change the contents of the
7 > title bar. I noticed the same behavior in lxvt run in KDE 4.2 also.
8 >
9 > In Konsole under KDE 3.5.9, the title bar would always be controlled by
10 > the script that was running. Is this supposed to happen in KDE 4.2, or
11 > is this a bug?
12
13 In the profile of Konsole you're using, in the "Tabs" tab, edit the "Tab
14 title format" according to your needs. To get KDE 3 behavior, you need
15 "%d : %w".