From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: Login incorrect
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:34:40
1 I have a problem.
2
3 I have an embedded device that does not let me gain access.
4
5 ssh is block, but I can telnet into the port, only to
6 be denied access.
7 <snip>
8 telnet 192.168.32.49
9 Trying 192.168.32.49...
10 Connected to 192.168.32.49.
11 Escape character is '^]'.
12
13 VxWorks login:
14 <snip>
15
16 nothing I try works for an account name
17 and corresponding password. I'm not sure
18 if this version (is acually Vxworks ?) is
19 based on their BSD or Linux based RTOS....
20
21 So I need a brute force method to gain access.
22 It allows about 8 login attempts (60 sec) before resetting:
23 <snip>
24 VxWorks login:
25
26 Login timed out after 60 seconds!
27 Connection closed by foreign host.
28 <snip>
29
30 Any suggestions to automate this brute force effort?
31 Maybe a fancy protocol-profiler program to look at the
32 results of (ICMP) packets[it answers pings] to determine
33 the actual underlying OS would be a good first step?
34 Other ideas/methods to profile the (RT)OS are of interests to me.
37 James
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list