From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] must/should systemd users package.mask upower-pm-utils
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 20:09:41
1 My desktop is a fully stable (empty package.accept_keywords) systemd
2 system. The profile is .../gnome/system and it boots init=systemd.
3
4 The 3 june news asserts "all systemd users are recommended to stay with
5 sys-power/upower".
6
7 However update world wants to uninstall upower and install
8 upower-pm-utils.
9
10 Adding sys-power/upower-pm-utils to /etc/package.mask, "fixed" the
11 problem, but I wonder if I chose an appropriate fix. I was a little
12 surprised that a stable system would need an entry in package.mask.
13
14 Any advice would be appreciated,
15 allan
16
17 PS I realize that the news item concerned hibernate/suspend so is not
18 relevant, but the same issue uninstall/install occurs on my laptop.
19 Those systems have a less simple "goingstable" setup and are more
20 important to me so I prefer to first change the fully stable desktop.