From: Damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Installing Gentoo via Gentoo ?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:01:56
1 meino.cramer@×××.de writes: > Hi, > > currently I am reading the
2 Gentoo-Handbokk about installing a > new Gentoo-System via
3 boot-CD. > > If I have a running Gentoo-Sytem on my PC...would it
4 be > possible to install a new Gentoo-System on a fresh harddisk,
5 > which is currently unpartitioned and unformatted electrically >
6 wired with my PC (SATAII) ? > > Just an idea... I installed
7 Gentoo from an Ubuntu installation. Just a couple of things for
8 you to keep in mind (I don't know if they will apply in your
9 case): - When chrooting, use the following command to flush your
10 environment:
11
12 # env -i HOME=$HOME TERM=$TERM chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
13 # /usr/sbin/env-update
14 # source /etc/profile
15
16 - When you are asked to mount the proc system, in the gentoo
17 handbook, issue the following command instead:
18
19 # mount -o bind /proc /mnt/gentoo/proc
20
21 - In order to get the network working in a chrooted enviroment you
22 will need to copy the /etc/resolv.conf from the working system.
23
24 In summary, the Gentoo handbook is your workhorse during the
25 installation process. You only need to be careful about the particular
26 details that I mentioned (and that are scattered all over the Gentoo
27 documentation).
30 Good luck,
31 Damian.