From: Benjamin Block <bebl@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] @preserved-rebuild gone in a loop
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:38:02
1 On 09:51 Sun 15 Dec , Mick wrote:
2 > Not sure why, but for some reason running emerge @preserved-rebuild does not
3 > seem to fix some preserved libs links:
4 >
5 > !!! existing preserved libs:
6 > >>> package: x11-libs/pango-1.34.1
7 > * - /usr/lib/libpangox-1.0.so.0
8 > * - /usr/lib/libpangox-1.0.so.0.3000.1
9 >
10 > This is all caused by some hack I have in my local portage for app-
11 > antivirus/avast4workstation-1.3.0-r2. No matter how many times I run
12 > @preserved-rebuild the libs in question keep coming up:
15 Most of the times, when some binary packages on my systems do cause
16 something like this, then I just unemerge the package that keeps
17 recompiling and emerge it again afterwards. This will cause the portage
18 to drop the library-references in question and add new ones.
19
20 So, this should do the trick:
21
22 emerge -C app-antivirus/avast4workstation
23 emerge -1 app-antivirus/avast4workstation
26 - Benjamin