From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Advice sought on the use of a VCS (specifically git) to keep track of my Softscroll patch.
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 17:52:14
1 Hello, Marco.
2
3 On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 10:56:39 +0200, Marco Rebhan wrote:
4 > On Friday, 24 September 2021 10:49:53 CEST Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 > > This raises the question of which kernel to work with: vanilla source
6 > > or Gentoo?
7
8 > Gentoo's patches are kept minimal so it shouldn't really matter (and I
9 > don't think they'd touch this part of the code anyway). Personally I'd
10 > make the patches against the vanilla sources.
11
12 That's just what I'm doing, for these reasons. I'm not even sure Gentoo
13 maintains a git repository with all the gentoo-sources realeases.
14
15 > -Marco
18 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).