From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Changing names of LOTS of files, adding to them actually.
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 01:51:24
1 Greets,
2
3 I ran into a problem. I been downloading a lot of TV shows. I forgot
4 to put a sort of important part in the names. This is what I have with
5 the full path:
6
7 /data/Movies/TV_Series/Person of Interest/Season 1, Episode 1 - Pilot.mp4
8
9 This is what I need it to be:
10
11 /data/Movies/TV_Series/Person of Interest/Person of Interest - Season 1,
12 Episode 1 - Pilot.mp4
13
14 Basically, I need to add the name of the show to the name of the file.
15 They will all be added to the front of the names. They also almost all
16 contain spaces, which means some fancy footwork with the \.
17
18 Is there a way to do this? I have room to copy them to another
19 directory if needed. I would sort of actually prefer it that way since
20 if it messes up, I got the originals at least.
21
22 Sorry I'm not real good at gawk, sed and all those things. I suspect
23 those will be used tho. I am familiar with | and grep tho. ;-)
24
25 Thoughts?
26
27 Dale
28
32 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!