From: Matt Nordhoff <mnordhoff@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] irssi autosendcmd
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 05:11:41
1 Jacob Todd wrote:
2 > I'm having some trouble getting irssi to set my nick on two irc servers
3 > and then identify them. My current irssi config (just the important
4 > part)
5 > looks like this:
6
7 [snip configuration]
8
9 > My nick gets set and identified on irc.oftc.net, but not on freenode.
10 > Anyone know what could be going on here?
11
12 I don't know if this will help, but...
13
14 1.) The /network command has a -nick option; you shouldn't have to use
15 -autosendcmd to change your nick.
16
17 2.) FWIW, both Freenode and OFTC support alternate ways of identifying:
18 On Freenode you can use a server password, and on OFTC you can use a
19 client-side SSL cert:
20
21 <http://www.oftc.net/oftc/NickServ/CertFP>