From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No sound. Please, help!
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 23:20:11
1 David Haller wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On Sun, 18 Oct 2020, Dale wrote:
5 >> gevisz wrote:
6 >>> Thank you for your help. I turned on the computer, changed options snd
7 >>> cards_limit to 2 and ran aplay /usr/share/sound/alsa/*.wav (I have a
8 >>> different named wav files). There was a sound.
9 > [..]
10 >>> reboot I have a sound and on another I have no sound. Any thoughts?
11 >> Try adding alsasound to the default runlevel.  And then:
12 >>
13 >> /etc/init.d/alsasound start
14 >>
15 >> and then
16 >>
17 >> /etc/init.d/alsasound save
18 > One should run that '/etc/init.d/alsasound save' once when sound
19 > works, so that later save on stop and restore on reboot work ;)
20 >
21 > BTW: I liked the SUSE way of symlinking init-scripts to /usr/sbin/rc*,
22 > e.g. /usr/sbin/rcalsasound -> /etc/init.d/alsasound
23 > I now do that (to /usr/local/sbin/rc*) for stuff that I don't want in
24 > a runlevel, but still start/stop occasionally ;)
25
26 Well, I was hoping it was obvious.  I just came home to snack before
27 headed back out into the woods so I was in a bit of a rush.
28
29 >> P. S.  I found a new sledge hammer.  Is this being sent as plain text
30 >> only?  No HTML at all?
31 > Yes.
32 >
33 > -dnh
36 Thank goodness.  I been trying to get that to do the right thing for
37 months.  Thanks for confirming.
38
39 Dale
40