From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Application Menu" missing on Desktop after Plasma update to 5.17.4 : solved
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 06:54:57
1 I've solved the missing L-click problem quite simply for my own use.
2
3 Use R-click to open the desktop context menu -> Configure Desktop
4 -> Mouse Actions -> Right Button : make it Application Launcher ;
5 that brings back the desktop menu of applications.
6
7 There was 1 problem : I could no longer access the context menu !
8 So I changed the line in plasma-whatsit in ~/.config
9 to make the middle button bring up 'contextmenu' & everything was usable.
10 I had lost the possibility of dumping text into a sticky note,
11 but as I never want to do that in real life, it's an advantage.
12
13 L-click still does nothing on the desktop, but I can live with that.
14
15 HTH
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca