From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [ANNOUNCE] I like systemd now :)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 19:37:46
1 On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 05:59:39 -0600
2 Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > my experience has been that even most heathen in
5 > remote villages understand propriety.
6
7 My experience is that all so-called "primitive" societies have an
8 excellent grasp of this thing called manners - it's the oil that
9 lubricates social interaction.
10
11 By contrast, Western culture by and large is not only mostly ignorant
12 of manners and proprietary, but we made a conscious decision to
13 discard all of it entirely.
14
15 I too have come into contact with many cultures other than
16 my own. The only one that goes out of it's way to be rude as a matter of
17 course is the Caucasian. Food for thought.
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com