From: Adrian <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage tree hosed?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 01:21:59
1 On Wed, 10 May 2006 00:51:57 -0300
2 "Daniel da Veiga" <danieldaveiga@×××××.com> wrote the words:
3
4 > There are alternative ways to update portage that are more suited to
5 > your dial-up connection.
6 >
7 > ########### Extracted from
8 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/153842
9 >
10 > Download a snapshot (you can find one in any gentoo mirror), and
11 > download the md5sum, move it to $PORTAGE_TMPDIR/emerge-webrsync and
12 > run "emerge-webrsync", it will use those without downloading a new
13 > snapshot.
14 >
15 > Or, you can manually do the sync yourself. Extract the
16 > portage-snapshot into a directory, and then use the following command:
17 >
18 > rsync -av --progress --stats --delete --delete-after \
19 > --exclude='/distfiles' --exclude='/packages' \
20 > --exclude='/local' . ${PORTDIR%%/}
21 >
22 > Either define PORTDIR, or replace that with the location of your
23 > portage tree (/usr/portage by default).
24 >
25 > ###########
26 >
27 > Give it a try...
28
29 Oh, thank you. I will try this over the weekend. I still have had no
30 success with other tactics. I'll let ya know how it goes.
31
32 Adrian
36 On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos
37
38 On The Fly Photography: http://204EastSouth.com
39 Purchase from On The Fly: http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
40 The Cynical Libertarian Society: http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls