From: "Hervé Guillemet" <herve@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Canon LBP7100Cn/LBP7110Cw printers
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 09:37:54
1 Le 12/07/2014 16:59, James a écrit :
2 > Hervé Guillemet <herve <at> guillemet.org> writes:
5 >>> Reading these posts may suggest a compiled solution as your remedy?
6 >>> Naturally, you'll have to adjust what steps taken to your gentoo
7 >> environment.
8 >
9 >>> http://radu.cotescu.com/how-to-install-canon-lbp-printers-in-ubuntu/
10 >
11 >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1315665
12 >
13 >> Trying to install Canon-provided driver is the solution I have worked
14 >> on, either from source or from binaries. But even the "source"
15 >> distribution of the driver mainly contains binaries. I end up with an
16 >> error ("src = libcanon_pdlwrapper.c, line = 633, err = -1¥nError
17 >> Response:ReqNo=2, SeqNo=3,opvpErrorNo=-2") generated by the binary
18 >> component (c3pldrv).
19 >> For these 2 specific printers, the driver provided by Canon is different
20 >> that other CAPT printers (Linux_CAPT_PrinterDriver_V260_uk_EN.tar.gz) or
21 >> other UFT-II printers (Linux_UFRII_PrinterDriver_V290_uk_EN.tar.gz), for
22 >> obscure reasons. That doesn't help find other people with the same
23 >> concern...
24 >
25 > The only other thing I can think of is to contact canon directly
26 > for tech support. Maybe another driver for a different canon printer
27 > will work?
28
29 Done. No hope this way. "The linux drivers are provided as is, without
30 any guaranty nor support".
33 > Or, set the printer up off a pc running windows with remote printing
34 > via windows shares, samba or some sort of network printing?
35
36 That's the way I print currently, using remotely the cups server of a mac.
39 > sorry I could not help more.
40
41 Thanks a lot anyway.
42
43 If someone else had success with these printers, please reply so that we
44 can see what differ in our installations.
47 Hervé