From: Yoav Luft <yoav.luft@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 20:21:03
1 Hi,
2 I posted a similar e-mail a couple of weeks ago and got no response. I wish
3 not to spam the mailing list, only for maybe a better luck this time.
4 My CD ROM drive had stopped playing audio CD's. It still works fine, data
5 CD's work alright and various programs manage to gather useful information
6 about the audio CD's tracks, but I hear nothing. I checked all controls in
7 alsamixer to be unmuted and at reasonable volume, but it's not it. I can't
8 rip the CD's neither. Any ideas what might be wrong?