From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 17:32:30
1 On Sunday 25 May 2008, Wolf Canis wrote:
2 > Norberto Bensa wrote:
3 > > Signed messages doesn't make any sense on a mailing list.
4 >
5 > I may ask you for a explanation, please?
6 >
7 > I think they make a lot of sense, because you or the
8 > mailing system are able to verify the message or rather
9 > the origin, if implemented. One would very easily see
10 > whether the person is the person who has subscribed to
11 > the list.
12
13 This is a nice list with helpful people. There are other lists however, when
14 it is not that rare for malicious (or unhinged) individuals to impersonate
15 someone else and hijack their email address to publish offensive content.
16 After a while using a digital signature (GnuPG or x509) becomes a habit.
17
18 It doesn't really add that much overhead anyway (197 Bytes for gpg to 3.1k
19 Bytes for s/mime).
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick