From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub2 and softlevels
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 21:29:07
1 On Sunday 26 Jan 2014 20:13:58 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:08:49 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Yes, that does enable all the line-drawing characters to be displayed
4 > > properly; now all I need to do is make grub use the plain old 80x25
5 > > line display instead of the frame buffer.
6 >
7 > Uncomment this line in /etc/default/grub
8 >
9 > #GRUB_TERMINAL=console
10
11 Thanks, but I'm using a manually written grub.cfg, so I need to find out what
12 that definition translates to. I'm searching now...
13
14 > The variables you can set in here are documented in the info pages.
15
16 Also, and much easier to read, in an HTML file downloaded from the grub site.
19 Regards
20 Peter